DJ Warlock

from soundcloud:

This is the recording of me DJ-ing at one of my favourite techno clubs from back in the day. Finally got round to encoding the cassette. For those that don’t know, KNOWLEDGE was a weekly Wednesday night techno haven and I was there religiously almost every week. This was one of the occasional all nighters I played at and I remember getting together about 10 pages of guestlist comprising listeners on Pulse FM and loads of mates (shouts to anyone who was there!!). It was such a good night, the place was rammed and I think Aphex was playing a live set before me. Kicking off with some faster techno and acid of the time and leading up to some full on gabba and distorted 909 kick drums. The mix isn’t perfect but it captures the time. Recorded 7th April 1993.

No comments:

Post a Comment